Reminder: Swiss Tax Changes to Effect Foreign Business from 1st January 2018
The revisions aim to allow Swiss companies similar competitive conditions to foreign companies by subjecting more to Swiss VAT.
Foreign companies active in Switzerland, with a worldwide turnover of more than CHF100,000 will be subject to Swiss VAT if they are involved in the following:
- Provision of electronic services to private individuals in Switzerland
- Services under a contract for work and services in Switzerland
- Work on items in Switzerland (e.g. repairs or assembly/fitting work)
- Goods dispatch from Switzerland
- Inventory management in Switzerland
- Physical software implementation in Switzerland
- Other physical work in Switzerland
This means almost all foreign businesses active in Switzerland will be subject to Swiss VAT from 1st January 2018 and they will need a Swiss Tax representative.
Please visit INPACT member, Caminada’s website, for more information on the Swiss VAT changes.